Since launching in April, we’ve listened carefully to both WordPress Developers and their store owner clients’ feedback and have been working hard adding new features to improve our eCommerce platform for WordPress.
Here are some of the key features and improvements we’ve recently implemented:
- Product Import / Export – Easily import a product catalog of any size using our simple CSV import tool. Keeping with our commitment that our users’ data is their property, we have also provided a product export tool.
- Caching of Product Data – We implemented caching of product and category data in our WordPress plugin to improve frontend performance.
- reCAPTCHA on Checkout – We added Google’s Invisible reCAPTCHA on our checkout pages to protect against costly credit card testing fraud attacks without adding any friction to the checkout process for legitimate customers.
- Drag & Drop Category Ordering – We added a drag-and-drop feature to change the order of your store’s categories. The changes to the order will automatically be reflected on the storefront on WordPress.
- SEO Improvements – You can now manage the SEO metadata for your products and categories from the Prodigy platform.
- Plugin Theme Compatibility – We tightened up the compatibility of the templates in our WordPress plugin with several popular themes including Astra, OceanWP, Hello Elementor, Divi, Flatsome, Twenty Twenty-One, Twenty Twenty, and Twenty Nineteen.
- Plugin Customizer Options – We added some Customizer options to help with simple customizations of the Catalog and Product detail pages.
And here are some of the exciting features we’re currently working on for release over the coming months:
- Subscriptions for products and/or services
- REST API for all store data on the Prodigy platform
- Elementor and Divi integrations in our WordPress plugin
If there are any specific features you would like us to consider adding, please let us know through our Submit a Request page.
If you haven’t already done so, you can sign up for a free Prodigy Commerce accountto take advantage of all of the new features and improvements that have been made to this comprehensive eCommerce platform for WordPress Developers.
For more information, read our Introduction to Prodigy Commerce.